Dog owners collared in Sidford
RESIDENTS have been reminded that Sidford’s rugby field is for sports and not exercising pets – after dog-walkers were collared at the spot.
A trio of pooch-owners received on-the-spot-fines after complaints were made about the area - where animals must be kept on the lead - in Byes Lane.
One aggrieved mum-of-two, who was handed an �80 punishment, claimed she’d been told people who “begged” the dog warden were “let off” the punishment.
The 43-year-old added that signs at the spot weren’t clear enough.
East Devon District Council (EDDC) says warnings were only given to people approaching the site with dogs off the lead.
You may also want to watch:
An EDDC spokesman told the Herald: “In response to complaints about dog owners using the Sidford rugby field, the council’s dog warden patrolled the area and issued three fixed penalty tickets. Two people approaching the rugby field with dogs off the lead were given warnings. There are eight signs in the vicinity and these remind owners to “keep dogs on leads at all times”.
“The people issued with fixed penalty tickets admitted that they knew that they were not allowed to walk the dogs off lead. People should remember that this is a sports and play area and not a dog walking field.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead