Dog rescued from Sidmouth fire and other news
- Credit: Getty Images
A dog was rescued from a Sidmouth house when a quick-thinking neighbour heard a smoke alarm sounding and dialled 999. Read this and more.
PET RESCUE: A dog was rescued from a Sidmouth house when a quick-thinking neighbour heard a smoke alarm sounding and dialled 999.
Firefighters freed the terrier from a Baker Close dwelling, which was heavily smoke-logged after a blaze involving a saucepan in the kitchen of the property.
Rescuers wore breathing apparatus and had to force their way into the home to put out the fire.
They said the cause of the blaze was accidental.
The incident took place last Wednesday at around 4.30pm.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Hospice at Home moves into new premises
- 3 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 4 Retailers need to be on high alert against new scam
- 5 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 6 Property of the Week: Heaven's Gate, Ottery St Mary
- 7 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Great to see the sunshine as Folk Festival returned
- 10 Sidmouth seniors avoid whitewash, Legg leads way on Friday
GATE DAMAGE: Police have appealed for information after hinges and bolts on a wooden gate were damaged in Arcot Park, Sidmouth.
Officers say the offence took place some time between December and March. Call 101 with information, crime reference: KS/13/109.
SCIENCE CAFÉ: The next Cafe Scientifique in Sidmouth will be led by Emeritus Professor Elizabeth Hounsell from Birkbeck College, University of London, editor of Carbohydrate Research.
It is entitled “What type of person are you?” and will cover the topics of blood groups and how to distinguish individuals for tissue typing - for transplantation and also criminal identification.
Everyone is welcome at 3pm upstairs at Costa Coffee on Tuesday (March 19).