We’re not in Sidmouth anymore Buster! Dog to make stage debut in Youth Theatre production
- Credit: Archant
Audiences will be whisked away to the magical land of Oz this February as Sidmouth Youth Theatre head down the yellow brick road in The Wiz.
Some 90 Sidmouth College students will take to the Manor Pavilion stage between Tuesday, February 5, and Saturday, February 9.
The Wiz will see all the familiar characters from The Wizard of Oz, as Dorothy and Toto find themselves not in Kansas anymore and want to go home. There to help them is the Scarecrow, Lion and Tin Man and a very wicked witch.
Joining them in their stage debut will be ‘Buster’ Skelly in the role of Toto. Former student and youth theatre member Jake Burlow as the wizard.
A film version of the musical was released in the 1970s featuring Diana Ross as Dorothy and Michael Jackson as the Scarecrow.
You may also want to watch:
Angela Davies, drama teacher and STC founder, said: “Buster is never happier than running along the beach or posing for pictures in the woods and is clearly looking forward to his moment of fame and the adoration of the cast.
“The show has a simple but vital message for life. In many ways this is the mantra of The Sidmouth Youth Theatre. If you believe in yourself you can achieve the impossible.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 6 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Tickets cost £13 for adults and £6 for under 16s and are on sale at the Manor Pavilion box office.