Dogtastic Day back in Sidmouth for a second year
- Credit: Archant
A fun-day held in memory of a popular Sidmouth man is making a return to the town this weekend – and will also support a terminally-ill businesswoman.
'Dogtastic Day', a tribute to Dave 'Mad Dog' Maddock, will offer face painting, outdoor games, popular carnival games like 'splat the rat', an ice cream van and several stalls.
It is being held tomorrow (Saturday) from 3pm to 11pm.
Last year's event pulled in 300 people, who celebrated the life of Dave, who died after a battle with throat cancer on July 7, 2017.
This year's event will also raise money for Charlie Gwillim, who has been diagnosed with an incurable brain tumour at just 27-years-old.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Gill Maddox said: "Dog cared and loved in abundance, he brought light and colour - wow could he party!
"Come join us and meet your neighbours, let's keep strengthening our community and have a great time doing it."
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
Entry is £5, with free admission for children under the age of 16.