Domestic Abuse Awareness Week launched and more news
Domestic Abuse Awareness Week 2011 is launched across Devon next week. Read this and more.
ROAD SAFETY SURVEY: At the launch of Road Safety Week, run by the charity Brake, a survey among 670 young people in the West Country shows more than half fear for their lives when travelling as a passenger with a young driver.
FLU: Nearly half the over 65-year-olds in England have not yet had the seasonal free flu vaccination, according to latest Department of Health statistics. Age UK is advising people to have the vaccination as flu strains change each year. The charity has launched its annual Spread the Warmth campaign, which aims to help older people keep warm and healthy this winter.
ABUSE: Domestic Abuse Awareness Week 2011 is launched across Devon next week, with various events around the county. In East Devon, posters and leaflets will be displayed at council offices, youth centres, shops and Children’s Centres. There will be a noisy march around Exmouth at 10am, starting at the town hall.
- 1 Opinion: 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 Arrows flying straight in the Sidmouth Darts League
- 4 Property of the Week: Lower Broad Oak Road, West Hill
- 5 New assistant chief constables at Devon and Cornwall Police
- 6 'We'll have to put up with roadworks for a few weeks'
- 7 Girlguiding achievements celebrated at church service
- 8 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 9 Rugby round-up from the East Devon region
- 10 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years