Domestic Abuse Awareness Week launched and more news
Domestic Abuse Awareness Week 2011 is launched across Devon next week. Read this and more.
ROAD SAFETY SURVEY: At the launch of Road Safety Week, run by the charity Brake, a survey among 670 young people in the West Country shows more than half fear for their lives when travelling as a passenger with a young driver.
FLU: Nearly half the over 65-year-olds in England have not yet had the seasonal free flu vaccination, according to latest Department of Health statistics. Age UK is advising people to have the vaccination as flu strains change each year. The charity has launched its annual Spread the Warmth campaign, which aims to help older people keep warm and healthy this winter.
You may also want to watch:
ABUSE: Domestic Abuse Awareness Week 2011 is launched across Devon next week, with various events around the county. In East Devon, posters and leaflets will be displayed at council offices, youth centres, shops and Children’s Centres. There will be a noisy march around Exmouth at 10am, starting at the town hall.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 10 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords