Domestic Abuse Awareness Week launched and more news
Domestic Abuse Awareness Week 2011 is launched across Devon next week. Read this and more.
ROAD SAFETY SURVEY: At the launch of Road Safety Week, run by the charity Brake, a survey among 670 young people in the West Country shows more than half fear for their lives when travelling as a passenger with a young driver.
FLU: Nearly half the over 65-year-olds in England have not yet had the seasonal free flu vaccination, according to latest Department of Health statistics. Age UK is advising people to have the vaccination as flu strains change each year. The charity has launched its annual Spread the Warmth campaign, which aims to help older people keep warm and healthy this winter.
You may also want to watch:
ABUSE: Domestic Abuse Awareness Week 2011 is launched across Devon next week, with various events around the county. In East Devon, posters and leaflets will be displayed at council offices, youth centres, shops and Children’s Centres. There will be a noisy march around Exmouth at 10am, starting at the town hall.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'