Domestic Abuse Awareness Week launched and more news
Domestic Abuse Awareness Week 2011 is launched across Devon next week. Read this and more.
ROAD SAFETY SURVEY: At the launch of Road Safety Week, run by the charity Brake, a survey among 670 young people in the West Country shows more than half fear for their lives when travelling as a passenger with a young driver.
FLU: Nearly half the over 65-year-olds in England have not yet had the seasonal free flu vaccination, according to latest Department of Health statistics. Age UK is advising people to have the vaccination as flu strains change each year. The charity has launched its annual Spread the Warmth campaign, which aims to help older people keep warm and healthy this winter.
You may also want to watch:
ABUSE: Domestic Abuse Awareness Week 2011 is launched across Devon next week, with various events around the county. In East Devon, posters and leaflets will be displayed at council offices, youth centres, shops and Children’s Centres. There will be a noisy march around Exmouth at 10am, starting at the town hall.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98