Donkey charity in TV cash contest
SIDMOUTH’S Elizabeth Svendsen Trust for Children and Donkeys is making a televised bid for lottery cash.
Eight community groups will take part in the People’s Millions 2010, on ITV Westcountry’s evening news later this month.
Each night, two groups will make their bid for viewers’ support to take home up to �50,000 of Big Lottery Fund cash, with the public voting by phone for the winner.
On Monday, November 22, the trust’s Sensory Trail Ride will be up against the Alzheimer’s Society’s Singing for the Brain project.
Trust PR officer Dawn Vincent said: “At the moment, the outdoor sessions are limited to the concrete path leading around the centre.
You may also want to watch:
The sensory trail ride will allow children to interact with sensory rich stimuli, such as plants, flowers, and model animals, while receiving the health benefits of being outside.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution