Donkey charity in TV cash contest
SIDMOUTH’S Elizabeth Svendsen Trust for Children and Donkeys is making a televised bid for lottery cash.
Eight community groups will take part in the People’s Millions 2010, on ITV Westcountry’s evening news later this month.
Each night, two groups will make their bid for viewers’ support to take home up to �50,000 of Big Lottery Fund cash, with the public voting by phone for the winner.
On Monday, November 22, the trust’s Sensory Trail Ride will be up against the Alzheimer’s Society’s Singing for the Brain project.
Trust PR officer Dawn Vincent said: “At the moment, the outdoor sessions are limited to the concrete path leading around the centre.
You may also want to watch:
The sensory trail ride will allow children to interact with sensory rich stimuli, such as plants, flowers, and model animals, while receiving the health benefits of being outside.”
- 1 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 2 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 3 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 4 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 5 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 6 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 7 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 8 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 9 Joseph's year of 100 half marathons to support refugees
- 10 Village summer fair returns to support local charities