Donkey charity in TV cash contest
SIDMOUTH’S Elizabeth Svendsen Trust for Children and Donkeys is making a televised bid for lottery cash.
Eight community groups will take part in the People’s Millions 2010, on ITV Westcountry’s evening news later this month.
Each night, two groups will make their bid for viewers’ support to take home up to �50,000 of Big Lottery Fund cash, with the public voting by phone for the winner.
On Monday, November 22, the trust’s Sensory Trail Ride will be up against the Alzheimer’s Society’s Singing for the Brain project.
Trust PR officer Dawn Vincent said: “At the moment, the outdoor sessions are limited to the concrete path leading around the centre.
You may also want to watch:
The sensory trail ride will allow children to interact with sensory rich stimuli, such as plants, flowers, and model animals, while receiving the health benefits of being outside.”
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 8 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout