Donkey charity in TV cash contest
SIDMOUTH’S Elizabeth Svendsen Trust for Children and Donkeys is making a televised bid for lottery cash.
Eight community groups will take part in the People’s Millions 2010, on ITV Westcountry’s evening news later this month.
Each night, two groups will make their bid for viewers’ support to take home up to �50,000 of Big Lottery Fund cash, with the public voting by phone for the winner.
On Monday, November 22, the trust’s Sensory Trail Ride will be up against the Alzheimer’s Society’s Singing for the Brain project.
Trust PR officer Dawn Vincent said: “At the moment, the outdoor sessions are limited to the concrete path leading around the centre.
The sensory trail ride will allow children to interact with sensory rich stimuli, such as plants, flowers, and model animals, while receiving the health benefits of being outside.”
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 5 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 6 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 7 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 8 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 9 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 10 Sidmouth's band announces cancelled concerts