Donkey Sanctuary ambassador Peter Wright hopes to increase his involvement
- Credit: Archant
The Donkey Sanctuary’s ambassador, the TV vet Peter Wright, has said he hopes to increase his involvement with the charity in the coming year.
His Channel 5 show, The Yorkshire Vet, focused on The Donkey Sanctuary in early December, during a week of programmes raising money for animal charities.
Mr Wright was filmed at the Sidmouth headquarters with a donkey-loving couple who had never left Yorkshire before.
He was also there for the Duchess of Cornwall's visit in July 2019, which he described as 'lovely'.
He said he felt privileged to be the ambassador for 'such a fantastic organisation', and added, "I'm hoping to do a lot more."
You may also want to watch:
He said he was 'blown away' by the sanctuary in Sidmouth, and also very interested in the work the charity does overseas, which has huge benefits for people as well as donkeys.
"A lot of donkeys are extremely vital to their communities and if their health isn't as good as it might be, they're of less use as a functional part of the community," he said.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action