Donkey Sanctuary to relocate hospital from Sidmouth to Honiton
- Credit: Picture: The Donkey Sanctuary.
Charity will build a new specialist veterenary facility - and is seeking volunteers to help.
The Donkey Sanctuary is holding two recruitment events on Friday, February 5, and Saturday, February 6, for people interested in joining a team of volunteers to help provide a warm welcome to visitors.
The animal welfare charity is seeking volunteers to play a vital part in a project to build a new specialist veterinary facility, which includes relocating the hospital to Brookfield Farm, near Honiton.
The move will have a big impact on the Sanctuary’s Sidmouth HQ and the charity plans to use the opportunity to improve the visitor experience.
It is here that volunteers are needed to provide a warm welcome to visitors and help to communicate these new changes.
You may also want to watch:
Nikki White, visitor engagement manager, said: “We will be re-introducing a traditional feel to the farm for visitors to experience and allow more donkeys to be at the heart of the sanctuary as soon as the hospital and reception unit have been relocated.
“There will also be an interpretation centre to show supporters and visitors what we do around the world, how we began to where we are now. We’ll also have a better gift shop and restaurant from which proceeds support our work across the world. We need volunteers to help us make sure our visitors are kept up to date with the progress of this exciting new project.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
The recruitment open events are taking place from 2pm to 5pm on February 5 and from 10am to 1pm on February 6.
For more information, call Nikki White on 01395 578222.
The Donkey Sanctuary is a registered charity working around the world protecting donkeys and promoting their welfare worldwide. Its headquarters in Sidmouth, East Devon, provides permanent refuge to hundreds of donkeys. Admission and parking are free as the charity feels visitors should be able to find out more about the charity’s work in the UK and in 30 countries worldwide.