Donkey Sanctuary wins award for its toilets
- Credit: Archant
The ‘cleanliness and sleek design’ of the toilets at The Donkey Sanctuary have earned it a ‘Loo of the Year’ award.
It is the first time the tourism organisation, Devon's Top Attractions, has handed out the prize.
It was introduced to encourage all 30 members to aim for the highest possible standards in their toilet facilities.
The loos at all the attractions were included in the regular inspections and 'mystery shopper' visits, and graded on their cleanliness, décor, hygiene, maintenance, signage and air quality.
The Donkey Sanctuary's visitor engagement manager, John Crouch said:
You may also want to watch:
"A comfort break should be just that, so we make sure our toilets are clean, warm and accessible for all.
"All praise to our fabulous in-house cleaners.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 7 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
"This award will be a great way to attract more coach companies and visitors to us and so we are really pleased to be named as the 2019 winner."
The other two finalists were Seaton Tramway and Quince Honey Farm.