Donna’s double win at Devon County Show
- Credit: Archant
A ‘magical’ floral display created by a Sidford resident won two prizes at this year’s Devon County Show.
Donna Lane was named best in show and the top of her class after creating her winning display using white orchids and black and silver metal.
The grandmother said she was shocked to have won, as she thought she had missed the brief.
She had to create a design based on the theme of ‘Millinery Magic’.
Donna said: “I was very happy with what I produced, but I just did not think I had met the theme - I obviously did.
You may also want to watch:
“I have been doing it for quite a few years and I have attended a few courses. I go to a class in Tiverton, but I do not belong to a flower club.”
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop