Donna’s double win at Devon County Show
- Credit: Archant
A ‘magical’ floral display created by a Sidford resident won two prizes at this year’s Devon County Show.
Donna Lane was named best in show and the top of her class after creating her winning display using white orchids and black and silver metal.
The grandmother said she was shocked to have won, as she thought she had missed the brief.
She had to create a design based on the theme of ‘Millinery Magic’.
Donna said: “I was very happy with what I produced, but I just did not think I had met the theme - I obviously did.
You may also want to watch:
“I have been doing it for quite a few years and I have attended a few courses. I go to a class in Tiverton, but I do not belong to a flower club.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time