Double charity delight for Sidmouth Rotary clubs
GENEROUS donations to two Sidmouth organisations have boosted a pair of charities.
A ‘Christmas Tree of Goodwill’ run by the Rotary Clubs of Sidmouth and the Sid Valley saw �1,600 shared between Children’s Hospice South West and the Bramble Ward at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
Respective club presidents, David Burgoyne and Mike Wale, thanked all those who contributed for their generosity.
Young hospital patients in the Bramble Ward will benefit from �800 to buy diagnostic magnifying lamps, to assist nurses in examining and treating wounds, and a saturation monitor to measure levels of oxygen in the blood and pulse rates.
A cheque for �800 was also presented to Bev Thomas, the Sidmouth co-ordinator for Children’s Hospice South West.
You may also want to watch:
The money will go towards their work providing care and support for ill children and their families across the region.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National