Double delight as car events combine in Sidmouth
THE past and future of motoring will be on show when two successful Sidmouth events combine in September.
A Green Vehicle Show and Classic Car Show were independent hits last year – and now organisers have joined forces.
The Sid Valley Energy Action Group (SVEAG), Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce and The Crash Box Club of Devon have got together with Sidmouth Cricket Club to present the event on Saturday, September 21. Festivities will provide a fascinating contrast between preserved classic and vintage cars on display and the latest alternative energy vehicles.
It will demonstrate how technology is being used to produce fuel efficient and low emission transport.
SVEAG leaders say the aim is to encourage the community to think about how it can save energy and reduce carbon emissions.
You may also want to watch:
Most of the exhibits will be electric and hybrid cars that can be bought today at the showrooms of the local distributors who are supporting the show.
“It will be a unique meeting of the old and the new - a rare chance for motoring enthusiasts of all ages to see the best of the past and the future,” said the SVEAG’s Joel Venn.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
The show will be open from 11am to 3pm.