Double delight as car events combine in Sidmouth
THE past and future of motoring will be on show when two successful Sidmouth events combine in September.
A Green Vehicle Show and Classic Car Show were independent hits last year – and now organisers have joined forces.
The Sid Valley Energy Action Group (SVEAG), Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce and The Crash Box Club of Devon have got together with Sidmouth Cricket Club to present the event on Saturday, September 21. Festivities will provide a fascinating contrast between preserved classic and vintage cars on display and the latest alternative energy vehicles.
It will demonstrate how technology is being used to produce fuel efficient and low emission transport.
SVEAG leaders say the aim is to encourage the community to think about how it can save energy and reduce carbon emissions.
You may also want to watch:
Most of the exhibits will be electric and hybrid cars that can be bought today at the showrooms of the local distributors who are supporting the show.
“It will be a unique meeting of the old and the new - a rare chance for motoring enthusiasts of all ages to see the best of the past and the future,” said the SVEAG’s Joel Venn.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
The show will be open from 11am to 3pm.