Doug’s on the road to Morocco
A CYCLING fundraiser is taking on a 3,000-mile ride to Africa and back he hopes will raise �10,000 for Sidmouth Living With Cancer.
Doug Millar, 31 set off on the road to Morocco with his uncle-in-law, Rob, last Tuesday, September 11.
Around 30 friends and supporters turned out to wish him well. Doug, of Colaton Raleigh, wants to raise �20,000 to be split between Sidmouth Living with Cancer and Alzheimers Support.
He has raised more than �7,000 to date and said: “This is a huge personal challenge.”
The epic ride will see Doug scale the Pyrenees, endure heat in North Africa, and the “sheer grind” of cycling up to 100km every day for up to six weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Bill Lankester, chairman and founder of Sidmouth Living With Cancer, said he was “forever grateful” to those like Doug.
“If he were to raise �10,000 for us, it would give us a safety margin which we have never had in our welfare account,” he said.To sponsor Doug visit: www.virginmoneygiving.com/DougMillar.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 7 School's hill climb challenge
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 10 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street