Draft of Neighbourhood Plan ready for consultation
- Credit: Archant
The people of Beer are being called on to shape the future of the community in a series of consultations.
Beer Parish Council has revealed its first draft of the Neighbourhood Plan, a document that will form a blueprint to influence future development in the parish, once adopted.
In its vision for the village, the neighbourhood plan steering group committee has envisaged a document that will help create a strong sense of identity in Beer, an attractive and vibrant village centre and improved facilities for young people.
In its proposal, the steering group said: “The objective being to enable Beer to have a direct and strong say in the way the village and wider parish develops through the creation of a set of policies and community actions tailored to the demands, concerns and desires of the people of Beer parish.
“The Neighbourhood Plan will be the fundamental tool by which Beer can direct, promote and control development with regard to the built and natural environment, how it is used, how it evolves and how it should be protected.”
You may also want to watch:
The plan, which has been developed over the last year, was delayed awaiting the outcome of East Devon District Council’s Local Plan. The Local Plan will serve as planning policy for the district until 2031 and beyond.
The proposals have been split into nine key areas: natural environment; maritime and shoreline; heritage and built environment; housing; transport and parking; business and jobs;community facilities and services; sports and recreation and tourism.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 4 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
Residents will be invited to review the document in the Mariners’ Hall on Saturday, July 9, and Saturday, August 6.
The plan is available to view on the parish council website http://www.beerparishcouncil.org.uk/BeerParish/Default.aspx