Dramatic video shows big Sidmouth cliff fall
- Credit: Picture: Eve Mathews.
Sudden landslide filmed by walker
Dramatic footage captured by a walker last week demonstrates the unstable condition of cliffs at Sidmouth’s east beach.
Martyn Goldsworthy, of Newton Poppleford, was out for a late afternoon stroll with his wife on Thursday (January 14) when he noticed a few rocks falling down and said he couldn’t believe the ‘amazing’ sight of what happened next.
“I got the video camera out and then it all started to descend,” said Martyn.
“It’s quite amazing. It would have been quite scary if you were underneath but it’s cordoned off and most people do comply.
You may also want to watch:
“It was very noisy and quite a shock.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens