‘Drawing blood for blood’ in Devon Freewheelers fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A pair of tattooists will be holding a unique fundraising event to help a cause that is close to their hearts.
Emily Davis and Stewart Lucas, of Silver Street Tattoos, will be offering people the chance to be inked with a special design and their blood type to raise money for and awareness of Devon Freewheelers.
The ‘Blood for Blood’ event will take place at the tattoo parlour next Saturday, August 1, from 11.30am, where people over the age of 18 can pay £10 to have the unique design created by Emily.
They will be donating all proceeds to the charity – which provides emergency vehicle drivers to support the NHS in delivering essential blood, samples, medication and supplies.
Emily said: “The idea is that we are doing £10 tattoos for a little design that has a blood drop and your blood type.
You may also want to watch:
“Stewart had an undisclosed blood disorder and has had to be transfused a number of times, so we know just how important this sort of service is.
“We found out about the Freewheelers and thought it is an absolutely fantastic idea.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
“We were shocked to hear they get no government funding as they provide an essential service, so we are more than happy to do as much for them as we can. We also love motorbikes - so it’s a charity that’s particularly relevant for us.
“It’s people like them who save the lives of people like Stewart.”
Emily added that the duo will have lots of information about how people can donate blood available on the day and one of the Freewheelers’ volunteer drivers should also be in attendance.
Anyone who does not want a tattoo but wants to find out more, or donate to the cause, can drop into Silver Street Tattoos, call 01404 758162, or contact the business via Facebook or Twitter.
No appointment is necessary and only people over the age of 18 can be tattooed.