Dream-A-Way raises £68,000 in one week
- Credit: Archant
A Devon based charity making dreams come true for those living with disabilities has raised £68,000 in one week.
Dream-A-Way supporters are ‘buzzing’ after receiving the huge boost, which will help the charity with its work providing grants and holidays to families with children and adults living with disabilities.
The record-breaking week began with a £10,000 sum from Exeter Chiefs and the Exeter Foundation and was followed up with a £25,000 donation from the Masonic Charitable Foundation.
The Freemasons asked the public to vote in its community awards before revealing Dream-A-Way had claimed the top amount.
Records were smashed at Woodbury Park Hotel and Golf Club after the charity’s golf classic event raised £33,000 in one day – taking the total to £68,000.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Rock, chairman of Sidmouth’s fundraising group for the charity, said: “We are buzzing, everyone is ecstatic. We raised more last week than we did in our last three years, it is immense.”
Next year the charity celebrates its 25th anniversary, having raised more than £2million for families across Devon.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead