Drugs seized during road policing operation in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Drugs have been seized in a road policing operation in Sidmouth which also saw eight drivers reported for speeding.
It took place on the evening of Thursday, October 10.
Police said the drugs were seized after a vehicle and its four occupants were searched.
A large number of drivers were spoken to about various road traffic offences.
Earlier this week, on Tuesday, October 8, a driver was arrested for being under the influence of drugs during a similar operation in Seaton.
You may also want to watch:
A number of people were dealt with for speeding and officers gave advice on numerous traffic offences.
A police spokesman said: "Speed kills people and every driver owes a duty of care to drive safely on our roads."
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
The two traffic operations were carried out by the Devon and Cornwall Police Special Constabulary and Rural East Devon policing teams.