Drugs seized during road policing operation in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Drugs have been seized in a road policing operation in Sidmouth which also saw eight drivers reported for speeding.
It took place on the evening of Thursday, October 10.
Police said the drugs were seized after a vehicle and its four occupants were searched.
A large number of drivers were spoken to about various road traffic offences.
Earlier this week, on Tuesday, October 8, a driver was arrested for being under the influence of drugs during a similar operation in Seaton.
You may also want to watch:
A number of people were dealt with for speeding and officers gave advice on numerous traffic offences.
A police spokesman said: "Speed kills people and every driver owes a duty of care to drive safely on our roads."
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
The two traffic operations were carried out by the Devon and Cornwall Police Special Constabulary and Rural East Devon policing teams.