Duck race prize money presented to Sidmouth Lifeboat
- Credit: Contributed
Earlier presentation was postponed after lifeboat had to attend an emergency
A cheque for £600 has been presented to Sidmouth Lifeboat by Northcott Brothers, the company who won second prize in the corporate race in this year’s Great Duck Derby.
The presentation was due to take place a few weeks ago, but the lifeboat was called out to an emergency.
The duck race, organised by the Sidmouth Lions, raised around £2,000 for charity. Hundreds of red plastic ducks bought by local businesses were raced down the River Sid, with the winner receiving £1,000 prize money to be donated to a charity of their choice.
This year Gilbert Stephens Solicitors came first and gave their prize to the Sidmouth Admiral Nurse. Third prize-winners, the Hillside House Residential Care Home in Newton Poppleford, donated their £400 prize to Sidmouth Hospiscare.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Wakely from Northcott Brothers said: “We were lucky enough to win the 2nd prize of £600, so we chose to donate it to Sidmouth Lifeboat, and they were really grateful.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead