Ducks get set to race
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of floating bath toys will be set loose once again when Sidmouth Lions Club’s Great Duck Derby returns to the River Sid.
The annual extravaganza brought in £5,500 for good causes in 2013 and this year’s takings will go the group’s charity activities, the Exeter and East Devon Samaritans and the Sidmouth Hospital Comforts Fund.
Tickets are now on sale for the races, on Sunday, July 20, and can be purchased for £1 each from 10am to 5pm at the Lions stand outside the Co-op in High Street from July 8 to 11, and July 15 to 18, and outside the Woolbrook Lidl, 10am to 5pm, on July 12 and 19.
They are also available from Annies in Old Fore Street and from Cards @ 83 in High Street, or from Sidmouth Lions on the day.
The ‘owners’ of the first 19 ducks past the finishing line will receive a share of more than £1,000 of cash prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Red ducks are also on offer to businesses for donations of at least £5, and proceeds of the race will go to the East Devon-based charities chosen by the sponsors of the three winners.
The day kicks off in the Byes with a duck and spoon race at 2.15pm, followed by the corporate duck race at 2.45pm and the main event at 3pm.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
For more information, call Chris Rignall on 01395 577450 or email email@example.com