Sidmouth pancake races are a tasty treat this half term
- Credit: Archant
Speedy pancake racers had a flipping good time as they put their skills to the test in this year’s pancake races.
Half-term got underway on Tuesday with Sid Valley Rotary Club’s annual event which saw scores of children take part in a 60 metre dash down The Esplanade, flipping tasty treats along the way.
In the business competition, Michelmore and WBW solicitors tried to end the winning run of Dukes, but were unable to stop the team from once again taking home the prestigious ‘silver pan’.
Malcolm Watkins, Sid Valley Rotary Club president, said: “I think it’s a great success and everyone has had a fantastic time. Some events that we hold are to raise money but this is having a bit of fun and having community spirt.
“Anything we make is the icing on the cake.”
You may also want to watch:
The event was sponsored for the first time by WBW Solicitors.
Any proceeds raised will be donated to Balloons.
- 1 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 2 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 8 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb