Sidmouth pancake races are a tasty treat this half term
- Credit: Archant
Speedy pancake racers had a flipping good time as they put their skills to the test in this year’s pancake races.
Half-term got underway on Tuesday with Sid Valley Rotary Club’s annual event which saw scores of children take part in a 60 metre dash down The Esplanade, flipping tasty treats along the way.
In the business competition, Michelmore and WBW solicitors tried to end the winning run of Dukes, but were unable to stop the team from once again taking home the prestigious ‘silver pan’.
Malcolm Watkins, Sid Valley Rotary Club president, said: “I think it’s a great success and everyone has had a fantastic time. Some events that we hold are to raise money but this is having a bit of fun and having community spirt.
“Anything we make is the icing on the cake.”
You may also want to watch:
The event was sponsored for the first time by WBW Solicitors.
Any proceeds raised will be donated to Balloons.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 3 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 8 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers