Dunkirk screenings net £1,500 for Sidmouth RBL
PUBLISHED: 11:31 23 August 2017 | UPDATED: 11:31 23 August 2017
Military families will benefit from the £1,500 raised so far at the Sidmouth screenings of a blockbuster depicting the ‘miraculous’ evacuation of Allied soldiers in World War Two.
Radway cinema manager Amanda Marks invited volunteers from the town’s Royal British Legion (RBL) branch to rattle their buckets after each showing of Dunkirk.
They were delighted to break the £1,000 mark and they will take the total higher still when the film returns for another week from today (Friday).
Amanda said: “It’s all about supporting the community – we thank each and every customer for their donations to the RBL.”
Radway deputy manager Caroline Vansittart said Dunkirk was busy for the three weeks it was showing and it is back due to popular demand. Screenings will begin at 8.20pm.
RBL branch chairman Dave O’Connor said: “We’re very pleased with the sum they took – it’s absolutely fantastic. Our thanks to the manageress and her staff.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.