East Devon Alliance to host conference
- Credit: Archant
Independent councillors, who claimed Sidmouth’s district council seats in a major upset for the Conservatives last May, are meeting with residents this month.
East Devon Alliance (EDA) members will report on the current and future state of East Devon, at Knowle, on Saturday, April 23, 11am to 4.15pm.
The guest speaker will be Bob Spencer, the independent candidate for Devon and Cornwall’s police and crime commissioner election, being held in May.
The EDA, which has organised the event with support from neighbouring counties, will look at the ‘democratic deficit’ in proposals to devolve power to the South West.
Entry is free, but places should be reserved at email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth’s representatives in the EDA are Dawn Manley, Marianne Rixson and Cathy Gardner. They signed the same ‘independents’ charter as Matt Booth, David Barratt and John Dyson.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead