East Devon Alliance to host conference
- Credit: Archant
Independent councillors, who claimed Sidmouth’s district council seats in a major upset for the Conservatives last May, are meeting with residents this month.
East Devon Alliance (EDA) members will report on the current and future state of East Devon, at Knowle, on Saturday, April 23, 11am to 4.15pm.
The guest speaker will be Bob Spencer, the independent candidate for Devon and Cornwall’s police and crime commissioner election, being held in May.
The EDA, which has organised the event with support from neighbouring counties, will look at the ‘democratic deficit’ in proposals to devolve power to the South West.
Entry is free, but places should be reserved at email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth’s representatives in the EDA are Dawn Manley, Marianne Rixson and Cathy Gardner. They signed the same ‘independents’ charter as Matt Booth, David Barratt and John Dyson.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls