East Devon Art Academy in Sidmouth hosts solo exhibition by local painter
- Credit: Contributed
Artist is inspired by local scenery and wildlife
An exhibition of paintings by the Sidmouth artist Neil Hampson is on display at the East Devon Art Academy in Old Fore Street from Saturday, July 14-22.
The collection of oil paintings and prints is called Coast and Country and depicts local landscapes and bird life.
Neil will also have a range of leather jewellery on display.
He began oil painting as a hobby while living in Greece and is completely self-taught, having enjoyed drawing since he was a child. On returning to England in March 2011 he began painting full-time, with East Devon’s natural flora and fauna becoming the main influence on his work. He is often seen on Sidmouth sea front with his easel, capturing the changing cliff face. Neil also makes sea-themed artworks out of driftwood.
You may also want to watch:
The event in Sidmouth is Neil’s sixth annual solo exhibition.The East Devon Art Academy offers weekly classes for painters at all levels and also holds regular art shows.
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight