East Devon cadets pass badges with flying colours
- Credit: Archant
Air cadets from Sidmouth have passed their training with flying colours to earn badges in first aid and communication.
Some 48 youngsters from across East Devon, including six from Sidmouth’s 2019 Squadron, spent a weekend at RAF St Mawgan in Cornwall.
During the trip, four of the cadets achieved the new blue communicators badge.
Attaining the qualification could help them to gain their amateur radio licence in the future.
A pair of cadets also qualified as young first aiders, after passing a first aid badge.
You may also want to watch:
The youngsters also had the opportunity to take part in fieldcraft training during the weekend.
If you would like to join the cadets, visit www.2019atc.org; or call Warrant Officer Anthony Preston on 07479 510735.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride