East Devon crews called to lorry fire
- Credit: Archant
Crews from Sidmouth, Colyton and Seaton are currently tackling a large vehicle fire near Southleigh.
The fire service were called out at 3.05pm this afternoon (Tuesday, May 9) to Lower Wadden after reports of a lorry on fire. A Devon and Somerset Fire Service spokesman said: “On arrival crews confirmed this fire involved three lorry beds and they requested further assistance. Another fire engine from Sidmouth and a Water Bowser from Danes Castle were also sent.
“Crews are currently using two hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.”
In an update at 4.30pm, crews were still tackling the fire which involves four unused lorry trailers being used as storage.
Firefighters are using one main jet, two hose reel jets and a thermal image camera.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98