East Devon crews tackle major fire in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services from across East Devon are tackling a major blaze in Honiton.
Eight fire crews from across the region are on the scene at Bishops Tower, in Tower Road, Offwell.
A spokesperson for the fire service said: “On arrival, crews confirmed smoke issuing and requested further assistance.”
“Crews are currently at work using six breathing apparatus.”
Fire crews from Honiton, Sidmouth, Ottery St Mary, Exeter and Cullompton are on the scene, as well as police, paramedics and engineers from Western Power.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the ambulance service said that no one had been injured in the fire.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again