Electric car charging points in the pipeline
- Credit: CPCA
Plans to install up to 30 rapid electric vehicle charging points across several district car parks are set to be discussed at the next full council meeting.
East Devon District Council’s cabinet backed the proposals for the Innovate UK funded Exeter Rapid Charging Project at a meeting called specifically to consider that project. The plans will now be discussed at the next full council meeting on April 21.
If given the go-ahead, drivers will be able to use the rapid charging points, which will be run by Gamma Energy, at a cost of 30p/Kwh.
This means 20KWh would cost around £6, providing approximately 50 miles.
The aim is to have them all installed and operational by this summer.
Sites currently of interest and being investigated for this project include:
Sidmouth Ham West and / or Roxburgh short stay car park – four chargers (serving eight charging bays)
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 9 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
Ottery St Mary Canaan Way car park (two chargers (serving four charging bays)