East Devon MP welcomes PM’s call for General Election
- Credit: Archant
East Devon’s MP said he looks forward to supporting the Prime Minister if he is elected for a fifth term.
Sir Hugo Swire, the Conservative who took the seat in 2001, welcomed Theresa May’s call for a General Election on Thursday, June 8.
He said: “The Prime Minister is right to call this General Election.
“Clearly it is important that she is given an overwhelming mandate by the British people ahead of the very difficult Brexit negotiations.
“I look forward to supporting her in the next Parliament if the people of East Devon re-elect me as their MP.”
You may also want to watch:
Sir Hugo took 46.4 per cent of the vote at the General Election in 2015.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners