East Devon MP welcomes PM’s call for General Election
- Credit: Archant
East Devon’s MP said he looks forward to supporting the Prime Minister if he is elected for a fifth term.
Sir Hugo Swire, the Conservative who took the seat in 2001, welcomed Theresa May’s call for a General Election on Thursday, June 8.
He said: “The Prime Minister is right to call this General Election.
“Clearly it is important that she is given an overwhelming mandate by the British people ahead of the very difficult Brexit negotiations.
“I look forward to supporting her in the next Parliament if the people of East Devon re-elect me as their MP.”
You may also want to watch:
Sir Hugo took 46.4 per cent of the vote at the General Election in 2015.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge