East Devon residents raise £3,500 for Newton Poppleford blaze couple
- Credit: Archant
A JustGiving page set up to help a couple who lost their home in a thatch-roof fire has raised £3,500. The organiser of the page thanks all contribitors for their donations.w
A fundraising page set up to help a couple whose home was destroyed in a thatch fire blaze last month has raised £3,500.
Donors have given on average £100 a day to the appeal to help Pat and Roy McClymont, who lived in the thatched-roof property in Newton Poppleford.
Lorna Brice-Nye, from Ottery, who set up the page, thanked everyone for their generous donations which included an anonymous gesture of £1,730.
The 46-year-old, who knows the couple through Ottery Parish Church’s Explore group, said: “Someone matched the amount that we had raised. They do know them [Pat and Roy] and it’s amazing how they felt so strongly about it.
You may also want to watch:
“To get around £100 a day is a really good positive thing. Every little helps.”
The fundraising page closes this evening (Thursday, April 27), and to donate visit:
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
Visit: https://www.justgiving.com/ crowdfunding/Harpfordcommon