East Devon residents raise £3,500 for Newton Poppleford blaze couple
- Credit: Archant
A JustGiving page set up to help a couple who lost their home in a thatch-roof fire has raised £3,500. The organiser of the page thanks all contribitors for their donations.w
A fundraising page set up to help a couple whose home was destroyed in a thatch fire blaze last month has raised £3,500.
Donors have given on average £100 a day to the appeal to help Pat and Roy McClymont, who lived in the thatched-roof property in Newton Poppleford.
Lorna Brice-Nye, from Ottery, who set up the page, thanked everyone for their generous donations which included an anonymous gesture of £1,730.
The 46-year-old, who knows the couple through Ottery Parish Church’s Explore group, said: “Someone matched the amount that we had raised. They do know them [Pat and Roy] and it’s amazing how they felt so strongly about it.
You may also want to watch:
“To get around £100 a day is a really good positive thing. Every little helps.”
The fundraising page closes this evening (Thursday, April 27), and to donate visit:
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 8 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
Visit: https://www.justgiving.com/ crowdfunding/Harpfordcommon