Easter draws big donation for Lions
Easter draws at Sidmouth businesses raised almost �1,500 in association with the Lions Club.
The annual event saw 11 venues in the town taking part in the draw, raising money for Sidmouth Lions community and charity service activities.
But around �500 of the money will be donated to St Dunstan’s, the charity for blind ex-service men and women their new Rehabilitation and Training Centre in North Wales.
Chris Rignall from Sidmouth Lions said he wanted to thank the residents and visitors who supported the draws, and the pubs and hotels in Sidmouth for allowing Lions Club members to sell the draw tickets in their premises in the run up to Easter.
The venues involved were Anchor Inn, Blinis, the Blue Ball, Skinner, the Dorchester, the Bowd Inn, the Golden Lion in Tipton, The Marine Bar, the Bedford Hotel, Dukes, Elizabeth, and Devoran and Kingswood Hotels.
You may also want to watch:
The Sidmouth Lions’ next charity fund raising event is a Great Book Sale from 9.30am until noon on Saturday, May 28 at St John Hall, Blackmore Drive, Sidmouth. In addition to thousands of books, there will also be plants and cakes for sale, with refreshments.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary