Easter draws big donation for Lions
Easter draws at Sidmouth businesses raised almost �1,500 in association with the Lions Club.
The annual event saw 11 venues in the town taking part in the draw, raising money for Sidmouth Lions community and charity service activities.
But around �500 of the money will be donated to St Dunstan’s, the charity for blind ex-service men and women their new Rehabilitation and Training Centre in North Wales.
Chris Rignall from Sidmouth Lions said he wanted to thank the residents and visitors who supported the draws, and the pubs and hotels in Sidmouth for allowing Lions Club members to sell the draw tickets in their premises in the run up to Easter.
The venues involved were Anchor Inn, Blinis, the Blue Ball, Skinner, the Dorchester, the Bowd Inn, the Golden Lion in Tipton, The Marine Bar, the Bedford Hotel, Dukes, Elizabeth, and Devoran and Kingswood Hotels.
You may also want to watch:
The Sidmouth Lions’ next charity fund raising event is a Great Book Sale from 9.30am until noon on Saturday, May 28 at St John Hall, Blackmore Drive, Sidmouth. In addition to thousands of books, there will also be plants and cakes for sale, with refreshments.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 4 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences