Eatery’s top rating in the best possible taste
- Credit: Archant
The owners of a popular Sidmouth restaurant say they are ‘going out on a high’ after it was named one of the best places to eat at in the country.
The Loft has jumped 31 places to 52 in independent restaruant guide Square Meal’s 100 best eateries outside of London.
Thousands of diners and bloggers voted for their favourite eateries, with happy customers calling the Sidmouth restaurant ‘a true gastronomic gem’.
Katrina and John Lort have decided to sell the business after two years for personal reasons, and hope that the next owner will continue their good work.
Katrina said: “We have never professed to be the best, but we try our best and that means the best local food, the best customer service and the best value for money. What makes us smile is that people recognise that.”
You may also want to watch:
The couple moved to Sidford four years ago to ‘live the dream’ and run their own café.
After running Selley’s in Libra Court for 18 months, they decided on a bigger challenge and moved to Fore Street.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
Katrina said she is returning to her first passion, teaching children with special educational needs, when the couple move to Cheltenham. She said: “It will be nice to just live a normal life after working such odd hours - sometimes you are starting when other people are going home.”