Eatery’s top rating in the best possible taste
- Credit: Archant
The owners of a popular Sidmouth restaurant say they are ‘going out on a high’ after it was named one of the best places to eat at in the country.
The Loft has jumped 31 places to 52 in independent restaruant guide Square Meal’s 100 best eateries outside of London.
Thousands of diners and bloggers voted for their favourite eateries, with happy customers calling the Sidmouth restaurant ‘a true gastronomic gem’.
Katrina and John Lort have decided to sell the business after two years for personal reasons, and hope that the next owner will continue their good work.
Katrina said: “We have never professed to be the best, but we try our best and that means the best local food, the best customer service and the best value for money. What makes us smile is that people recognise that.”
You may also want to watch:
The couple moved to Sidford four years ago to ‘live the dream’ and run their own café.
After running Selley’s in Libra Court for 18 months, they decided on a bigger challenge and moved to Fore Street.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Katrina said she is returning to her first passion, teaching children with special educational needs, when the couple move to Cheltenham. She said: “It will be nice to just live a normal life after working such odd hours - sometimes you are starting when other people are going home.”