EDDC announces winter car parking deal across East Devon
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers can benefit from a special car parking deal across East Devon for the next five months as part of a drive to boost the local economy.
As of November 1, motorists are able to park all day for £2 in all 41 East Devon District Council owned car parks running up until midnight.
The council has revised the timing in a bid to support local shops in the run up to Christmas.
The offer will run until March 31 2018 and excludes Parkmobile payments and permit holders.
Councillor Tom Wright, EDDC’s portfolio holder for the environment, said: “We want to support businesses in all of our town and village high streets as much as we can through the quieter winter months.
You may also want to watch:
“We know it’s a tough time for towns, so we want to do all we can to help traders and the district’s chambers of commerce. It will be interesting to see how the five month concession affects trade, but first I’d like to thank all our customers who took advantage of our previous offers – your custom was a big boost to the local economy.”
- 1 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 4 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 5 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 6 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 7 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 10 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching