EDDC announces winter car parking deal across East Devon
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers can benefit from a special car parking deal across East Devon for the next five months as part of a drive to boost the local economy.
As of November 1, motorists are able to park all day for £2 in all 41 East Devon District Council owned car parks running up until midnight.
The council has revised the timing in a bid to support local shops in the run up to Christmas.
The offer will run until March 31 2018 and excludes Parkmobile payments and permit holders.
Councillor Tom Wright, EDDC’s portfolio holder for the environment, said: “We want to support businesses in all of our town and village high streets as much as we can through the quieter winter months.
You may also want to watch:
“We know it’s a tough time for towns, so we want to do all we can to help traders and the district’s chambers of commerce. It will be interesting to see how the five month concession affects trade, but first I’d like to thank all our customers who took advantage of our previous offers – your custom was a big boost to the local economy.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman