EDDC staff ‘dress up’ for teen cancer sufferer
STAFF based at East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) Knowle headquarters dressed up to raise cash for a 12-year-old cancer sufferer.
STAFF based at East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) Knowle headquarters in Sidmouth dressed up to raise cash for a 12-year-old cancer sufferer.
Employees took part in a Fun Friday event last week in aid of Raymond O’Sullivan, who has been diagnosed with cancer for the second time in his life.
The teenager from Exmouth has orbital rhabdomyosarcoma, a cancerous tumour near his eye, and needs a form of radiotherapy which is only available in America and Holland.
The Fun Friday was a dress up or dress-down themed day. Cake sales and a draw were held and staff were invited to guess the weight of a squid – for a quid.
You may also want to watch:
A curry lunch was provided by staff in the Information and Communication Technology team.
An EDDC spokesman said: “We would like to thank all our staff for their generous contributions to Fun Friday and also the Fish Shed and Darts Farm for their sponsorship of the event”.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 3 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
The NHS will fund Raymond’s treatment. The Herald’s sister title, The Exmouth Journal, is campaigning for cash to fund his family’s travel and associated costs.