EDDC staff ‘dress up’ for teen cancer sufferer
STAFF based at East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) Knowle headquarters dressed up to raise cash for a 12-year-old cancer sufferer.
STAFF based at East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) Knowle headquarters in Sidmouth dressed up to raise cash for a 12-year-old cancer sufferer.
Employees took part in a Fun Friday event last week in aid of Raymond O’Sullivan, who has been diagnosed with cancer for the second time in his life.
The teenager from Exmouth has orbital rhabdomyosarcoma, a cancerous tumour near his eye, and needs a form of radiotherapy which is only available in America and Holland.
The Fun Friday was a dress up or dress-down themed day. Cake sales and a draw were held and staff were invited to guess the weight of a squid – for a quid.
You may also want to watch:
A curry lunch was provided by staff in the Information and Communication Technology team.
An EDDC spokesman said: “We would like to thank all our staff for their generous contributions to Fun Friday and also the Fish Shed and Darts Farm for their sponsorship of the event”.
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 8 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
The NHS will fund Raymond’s treatment. The Herald’s sister title, The Exmouth Journal, is campaigning for cash to fund his family’s travel and associated costs.