EDDC staff ‘dress up’ for teen cancer sufferer
STAFF based at East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) Knowle headquarters dressed up to raise cash for a 12-year-old cancer sufferer.
STAFF based at East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) Knowle headquarters in Sidmouth dressed up to raise cash for a 12-year-old cancer sufferer.
Employees took part in a Fun Friday event last week in aid of Raymond O’Sullivan, who has been diagnosed with cancer for the second time in his life.
The teenager from Exmouth has orbital rhabdomyosarcoma, a cancerous tumour near his eye, and needs a form of radiotherapy which is only available in America and Holland.
The Fun Friday was a dress up or dress-down themed day. Cake sales and a draw were held and staff were invited to guess the weight of a squid – for a quid.
You may also want to watch:
A curry lunch was provided by staff in the Information and Communication Technology team.
An EDDC spokesman said: “We would like to thank all our staff for their generous contributions to Fun Friday and also the Fish Shed and Darts Farm for their sponsorship of the event”.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
The NHS will fund Raymond’s treatment. The Herald’s sister title, The Exmouth Journal, is campaigning for cash to fund his family’s travel and associated costs.