EDDC to hold gas safety events
- Credit: Archant
Experts will be heading to Exmouth and Sidmouth to promote gas safety as part of a national safety week.
East Devon District Council’s housing property and asset team and Liberty Gas have teamed up for Gas Safety Week to host two events to highlight the dangers of carbon monoxide.
The first of the two events will be held at Albion Court in Rolle Road, Exmouth, from 10am to 4pm on Tuesday (September 20).
A second session will take place from 10am to 4pm in Trumps Court, Sidmouth, on Thursday (September 22).
An EDDC spokeswoman said: “Officers from the property and asset team as well as Liberty Gas will be attending both days and there will be trained gas engineers on hand to answer questions.
You may also want to watch:
“Information will be given about the dangers of CO and how it affects people. We will be advising people about how they can protect their homes, plus we will be highlighting the importance of gas servicing to everyone, whether they are East Devon tenants or members of the public.”
Residents who attend the event can enter into a draw to win a CO alarm, which helps to detect carbon monoxide leaks.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 8 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
To qualify for the draw guest will need to enter a short quiz. All correctly answered sheets will be entered into the draw and four names will be pulled from the hat each day.