Bishop Bob to visit Sidmouth school
Woolbrook’s St Nick’s to get ‘outstanding’ Church School inspection certificate
THE Bishop of Crediton, the Right Reverend Bob Evens, will present St Nicholas C of E Junior School with an ‘outstanding’ Church School Inspection Certificate (SIAS) at a special ceremony at the school on Monday.
The 341 pupils will meet the bishop during his visit.
Paul Walker, executive head teacher for the past three years, said be was “very pleased” with the report which has improved from ‘good’ “due to hard work by the children, staff and governors.”
He added: “The report recognised a lot of work we have done with the children, especially in connection with the Christian ethos of the school.
You may also want to watch:
“We have worked hard to maintain our Christian distinctiveness, which isn’t easy with many other pressures, but it’s due to the work that the children have put in, along with the support from governors and local clergy.”
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 10 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown