Blow out to celebrate Sidmouth school’s centenary
Happy 100th birthday to St Nicholas Junior School, Sidmouth
FOUR giant birthday cakes marking the 100th birthday of St Nicholas Junior School, Woolbrook, Sidmouth, were devoured by more than 300 children last week at a fun birthday party treat for pupils.
Organised by deputy head Julie Allen, it was the culmination of a year of celebrations to mark the centenary of the school.
She said: “This event was for the children. We have had others involving staff and past staff and parents, but this was just for the children.
“We wanted to do a birthday party theme and had a bouncy castle, apple bobbing and other party games.”
You may also want to watch:
The school’s PTA provided ice creams for all the pupils and some won prizes for activities.
A child from each class was chosen to blow out the candles before the cake, made by Upper Crust Bakery, Woolbrook, was shared out.
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
“It has been a successful end to the celebrations and the children really enjoyed themselves,” said Mrs Allen.
*More photos in Friday’s Sidmouth Herald