Blow out to celebrate Sidmouth school’s centenary
Happy 100th birthday to St Nicholas Junior School, Sidmouth
FOUR giant birthday cakes marking the 100th birthday of St Nicholas Junior School, Woolbrook, Sidmouth, were devoured by more than 300 children last week at a fun birthday party treat for pupils.
Organised by deputy head Julie Allen, it was the culmination of a year of celebrations to mark the centenary of the school.
She said: “This event was for the children. We have had others involving staff and past staff and parents, but this was just for the children.
“We wanted to do a birthday party theme and had a bouncy castle, apple bobbing and other party games.”
You may also want to watch:
The school’s PTA provided ice creams for all the pupils and some won prizes for activities.
A child from each class was chosen to blow out the candles before the cake, made by Upper Crust Bakery, Woolbrook, was shared out.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 9 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
“It has been a successful end to the celebrations and the children really enjoyed themselves,” said Mrs Allen.
*More photos in Friday’s Sidmouth Herald