Blow out to celebrate Sidmouth school’s centenary
Happy 100th birthday to St Nicholas Junior School, Sidmouth
FOUR giant birthday cakes marking the 100th birthday of St Nicholas Junior School, Woolbrook, Sidmouth, were devoured by more than 300 children last week at a fun birthday party treat for pupils.
Organised by deputy head Julie Allen, it was the culmination of a year of celebrations to mark the centenary of the school.
She said: “This event was for the children. We have had others involving staff and past staff and parents, but this was just for the children.
“We wanted to do a birthday party theme and had a bouncy castle, apple bobbing and other party games.”
You may also want to watch:
The school’s PTA provided ice creams for all the pupils and some won prizes for activities.
A child from each class was chosen to blow out the candles before the cake, made by Upper Crust Bakery, Woolbrook, was shared out.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
“It has been a successful end to the celebrations and the children really enjoyed themselves,” said Mrs Allen.
*More photos in Friday’s Sidmouth Herald