Branscombe Primary School officially enters federation
Children in Devon celebrated the launch of a federation between two schools at a team-building day on Monday.
Branscombe and Broadhembury primary school pupils united for a day of climbing, canoeing, orienteering and archery at Bicton College.
The schools’ federation was officially launched this term to encourage interaction between the two schools, which are both led by head teacher Katie Gray.
Mrs Gray said: “It was a brilliant way to launch The Jubilee Federation.
“The children really encouraged one another to succeed in the activities and they were really proud of their achievements.”
You may also want to watch:
Bethany, 10, from Branscombe Primary, said: “I enjoyed canoeing and it was great working with the children from Broadhembury because we made friends with other children.”
Charli-Anne, a six-year-old from Broadhembury, said: “I enjoyed balancing on the low ropes and I enjoyed working with my partner to keep her safe.”
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 6 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary