BREAKING NEWS: A-Level delight in Ottery
Joy at The King’s School
‘AMAZING an outstanding’ students at The King’s School proved yet again they’re top class after scoring a 100per cent A2 Level pass rate.
Teenagers saw a tense summer wait end in joy this morning (Thursday) as more than half of all marks were above B grade and a quarter at either A* or A standard.
“These results were obviously the culmination of a great deal of hard work,” said headteacher Faith Jarrett and chair of governors Edward Bloomfield.
“University places this year are extremely tight so we’re waiting to hear the outcome of clearing applications, but we’ve been really pleased to celebrate with all those who have secured them already.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re delighted the students have achieved so many personal successes, but are equally pleased with the huge commitment these young people have made to life across the school and beyond.
“They really are a credit to themselves and to their families and we all wish them every success for the future.”
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Teachers and staff were thanked.
Year 12 AS students also achieved excellent results as strong individual performances saw 28per cent of pupils achieve at least two A grades.
A quintet of students scored four or five straight A grades each.
Both AS and A2 results represent a significant improvement in 2011.
An Ofsted report earlier this year hailed young people at The King’s School as ‘outstanding’.