CAMPAIGN: ‘Thanks for the help,’ say school
- Credit: Archant
A HEARTFELT thank-you has been issued to all those who helped Sidmouth Primary School raise nearly £21,000 for its first-ever minibus.
PTFA members who spearheaded the bid, the subject of the Herald’s Campaign 2012, received a cheque for £8,000 from the Sid Vale Association’s Keith Owen Fund this week.
The vital grant was one of 29 contributions – accumulated through a range of events and activities - that helped land the vehicle.
PTFA chairman Sarah Fletcher said: “A really big thank-you for all the support people showed us over the past year-and-a-bit. It really made a big difference to our fundraising and gave us lots of encouragement.
“The Keith Owen funding was a lovely round-off and enabled us to get the minibus within the target we had set.”
The bus was delivered on April 29 and children in years one and two went on the first journey in the vehicle when they took part in a multi-sports event at Honiton Community College last Monday.
The school has leased the bus for five years and money raised covers its maintenance and servicing.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Ottery's Animal Rescue Centre holds anniversary fundraising event
- 3 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 4 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 5 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 6 Sidmouth sailors host national competition
- 7 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 8 Sidbury gas pipe upgrade completed
- 9 Rock Choir fundraiser for Sidmouth's Admiral Nurse
- 10 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
Keith Owen Fund leaders decided to hand over the bumper donation when they realised how the bus would benefit children.