Compost aids Sidmouth school gardening club blossom
Pupils at All Saints Infants School, Sidmouth, are developing great gardening skills using compost from Otter Rotters
YOUNGSTERS from All Saints Infants School, Sidmouth, are developing great gardening skills.
The school’s Little Rotters gardening club is making good use of grass cuttings people put out for Otter Rotters once it is composted, as it is perfect for their wildlife garden and vegetable beds the children have created.
Making another delivery of compost this week to the school, Mandy Jennings of Otter Rotters said: “We are delighted to see the children have designed and developed such a lovely space.
“It is encouraging to thing their neigbours in Sidmouth and the surrounding areas, by using the Garden Collection Scheme, have helped make this such a success for the children.”
You may also want to watch:
She showed the young gardeners how compost is made and helped with their own compost heap.
“We look forward to visiting again later in the year to see what they have grown in their raised beds,” Mandy added.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
*Otter Rotters is a not-for-profit community enterprise and any school or community group can request donations of compost or help with their growing projects by calling 07837 477050 or visiting www.otterrotters.co.uk. Otter Rotter’s activities are made possible by the involvement of volunteers and if you would like to volunteer they’d be delighted to hear from you.