Easter fair to help students get to Borneo
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Sidmouth College will be holding an Easter Fair tomorrow (Saturday) to raise money for a trip abroad to help communities in Borneo.
The event was organised by 15-year-old Charlotte Hadfield and her mum Sara to boost the students’ funds ahead of the visit next year. The month-long trip will cost each of the 16 pupils £4,200.
Charlotte said: “I thought it would be a life-changing experience, not many people have the chance to go.
“We went around a lot of fairs in the town and we heard from other fundraisers on different trips that they organised their own fairs and they went successful.”
The year 10 pupil is aiming to reach her total by Christmas, allowing her time to concentrate on her GCSEs.
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place in Sidmouth Methodist Church Hall from 10am to 4pm.
The fair will include a number of Easter themed stalls, including refreshments, cakes and a tombola.
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 6 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
The group will be working with Camp International on a number of community building projects and environmental preservation schemes.