Easter fair to help students get to Borneo
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Sidmouth College will be holding an Easter Fair tomorrow (Saturday) to raise money for a trip abroad to help communities in Borneo.
The event was organised by 15-year-old Charlotte Hadfield and her mum Sara to boost the students’ funds ahead of the visit next year. The month-long trip will cost each of the 16 pupils £4,200.
Charlotte said: “I thought it would be a life-changing experience, not many people have the chance to go.
“We went around a lot of fairs in the town and we heard from other fundraisers on different trips that they organised their own fairs and they went successful.”
The year 10 pupil is aiming to reach her total by Christmas, allowing her time to concentrate on her GCSEs.
The event will take place in Sidmouth Methodist Church Hall from 10am to 4pm.
The fair will include a number of Easter themed stalls, including refreshments, cakes and a tombola.
- 1 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 2 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 3 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 4 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 5 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 6 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 7 With your help, a range of new laws will help us all
- 8 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 9 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 10 Heather Spratt - the unsung hero of the heathland
The group will be working with Camp International on a number of community building projects and environmental preservation schemes.