Easter fair to help students get to Borneo
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Sidmouth College will be holding an Easter Fair tomorrow (Saturday) to raise money for a trip abroad to help communities in Borneo.
The event was organised by 15-year-old Charlotte Hadfield and her mum Sara to boost the students’ funds ahead of the visit next year. The month-long trip will cost each of the 16 pupils £4,200.
Charlotte said: “I thought it would be a life-changing experience, not many people have the chance to go.
“We went around a lot of fairs in the town and we heard from other fundraisers on different trips that they organised their own fairs and they went successful.”
The year 10 pupil is aiming to reach her total by Christmas, allowing her time to concentrate on her GCSEs.
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place in Sidmouth Methodist Church Hall from 10am to 4pm.
The fair will include a number of Easter themed stalls, including refreshments, cakes and a tombola.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 9 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
The group will be working with Camp International on a number of community building projects and environmental preservation schemes.