Educationalist Sue is new DCC learning head
Devon County Council appoints new head of education and learning
DEVON’S new head of education and learning has been appointed by Devon County Council this week.
Sue Clarke is the new chief officer responsible for the county’s schools and education.
She has had a distinguished career in teaching and education and has worked on the reorganisation of schools in Exeter.
Sue has also been instrumental in helping schools join together in federations – an area in which Devon is recognised as a national leader.
She also works regularly with the National College for School Leadership and is a member of the DfE’s ministerial advisory group on excellence in education and the community.
Ms Clarke was awarded the OBE in the New Year’s honours list for services to education.
- 1 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 2 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 3 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 4 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 5 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 6 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 Chiefs beaten by a powerful second-half from league leaders
- 9 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 10 Popular art exhibition returns this Christmas
She said: “I am obviously delighted to be appointed to this new role and I look forward to working with heads, teachers, staff and governors in schools across the county.”