Educationalist Sue is new DCC learning head
Devon County Council appoints new head of education and learning
DEVON’S new head of education and learning has been appointed by Devon County Council this week.
Sue Clarke is the new chief officer responsible for the county’s schools and education.
She has had a distinguished career in teaching and education and has worked on the reorganisation of schools in Exeter.
Sue has also been instrumental in helping schools join together in federations – an area in which Devon is recognised as a national leader.
You may also want to watch:
She also works regularly with the National College for School Leadership and is a member of the DfE’s ministerial advisory group on excellence in education and the community.
Ms Clarke was awarded the OBE in the New Year’s honours list for services to education.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 What will you find in this year's butterfly count?
- 7 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 10 Young talent emerging in local cricket
She said: “I am obviously delighted to be appointed to this new role and I look forward to working with heads, teachers, staff and governors in schools across the county.”