Educationalist Sue is new DCC learning head
Devon County Council appoints new head of education and learning
DEVON’S new head of education and learning has been appointed by Devon County Council this week.
Sue Clarke is the new chief officer responsible for the county’s schools and education.
She has had a distinguished career in teaching and education and has worked on the reorganisation of schools in Exeter.
Sue has also been instrumental in helping schools join together in federations – an area in which Devon is recognised as a national leader.
She also works regularly with the National College for School Leadership and is a member of the DfE’s ministerial advisory group on excellence in education and the community.
Ms Clarke was awarded the OBE in the New Year’s honours list for services to education.
- 1 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 2 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 3 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 4 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 5 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 6 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 7 With your help, a range of new laws will help us all
- 8 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 9 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 10 Heather Spratt - the unsung hero of the heathland
She said: “I am obviously delighted to be appointed to this new role and I look forward to working with heads, teachers, staff and governors in schools across the county.”