Educationalist Sue is new DCC learning head
Devon County Council appoints new head of education and learning
DEVON’S new head of education and learning has been appointed by Devon County Council this week.
Sue Clarke is the new chief officer responsible for the county’s schools and education.
She has had a distinguished career in teaching and education and has worked on the reorganisation of schools in Exeter.
Sue has also been instrumental in helping schools join together in federations – an area in which Devon is recognised as a national leader.
You may also want to watch:
She also works regularly with the National College for School Leadership and is a member of the DfE’s ministerial advisory group on excellence in education and the community.
Ms Clarke was awarded the OBE in the New Year’s honours list for services to education.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 3 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 4 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 5 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 6 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Art society gear up for return of exhibition
- 9 Sidmouth bowlers suffer Madeira defeat
- 10 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
She said: “I am obviously delighted to be appointed to this new role and I look forward to working with heads, teachers, staff and governors in schools across the county.”