Educationalist Sue is new DCC learning head
Devon County Council appoints new head of education and learning
DEVON’S new head of education and learning has been appointed by Devon County Council this week.
Sue Clarke is the new chief officer responsible for the county’s schools and education.
She has had a distinguished career in teaching and education and has worked on the reorganisation of schools in Exeter.
Sue has also been instrumental in helping schools join together in federations – an area in which Devon is recognised as a national leader.
You may also want to watch:
She also works regularly with the National College for School Leadership and is a member of the DfE’s ministerial advisory group on excellence in education and the community.
Ms Clarke was awarded the OBE in the New Year’s honours list for services to education.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 8 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
She said: “I am obviously delighted to be appointed to this new role and I look forward to working with heads, teachers, staff and governors in schools across the county.”