Families have fun day
A FAMILY fun day in Sidmouth proved a hit with parents and children alike.
Sidmouth Children’s Centre organised the day, aimed at familes with children under five. There was messy play, a craft marquee and a baby tent, which had blankets so the tiniest tots could relax.
A feature of the day was heuristic play, which involves giving youngsters toys made from natural materials. Research shows helps children develop better by playing with them than objects made from plastic.
Families came from as far afield as Seaton and Newton Abbot to attend.
Many agreed to attend further children’s centre events, said senior project manager Paul Bennett.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We’re very pleased with how things went. Thirty families came along, so it was busy. There was a lot of networking between parents and the children mixed well.”
The centre, which has an office at 128b High Street but no venue to host events itself, will be moving into Stowford Community Centre, construction of which is due to begin within weeks and be finished by the spring.
- 1 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 2 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 5 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 6 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 7 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
- 8 Another record for Kirsteen
- 9 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 10 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
Paul said: “It will be a permanent base for us, so we’re eagerly waiting to see it started.”