Families have fun day
A FAMILY fun day in Sidmouth proved a hit with parents and children alike.
Sidmouth Children’s Centre organised the day, aimed at familes with children under five. There was messy play, a craft marquee and a baby tent, which had blankets so the tiniest tots could relax.
A feature of the day was heuristic play, which involves giving youngsters toys made from natural materials. Research shows helps children develop better by playing with them than objects made from plastic.
Families came from as far afield as Seaton and Newton Abbot to attend.
Many agreed to attend further children’s centre events, said senior project manager Paul Bennett.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We’re very pleased with how things went. Thirty families came along, so it was busy. There was a lot of networking between parents and the children mixed well.”
The centre, which has an office at 128b High Street but no venue to host events itself, will be moving into Stowford Community Centre, construction of which is due to begin within weeks and be finished by the spring.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
Paul said: “It will be a permanent base for us, so we’re eagerly waiting to see it started.”