Fifty enjoy drum workshop at Sidmouth church
Sidmouth’s Emmanuel Baptist Church rings to the sound of drumming
SOME 50 people, aged five to 50, have taken part in a Saturday drum workshop at Emmanuel Baptist Church, Sidmouth.
Brenda Lambert, who has played in a number of percussion bands and has a passion for teaching music, ran the event and has held workshops before.
She had drums from all over the world, including Africa and Brazil, at the church, and had quite a few for use in the workshop.
Mark Perkins from Emmanuel Baptist Church said: “Many various types of percussion instruments were also used, creating a loud and joyful noise.
You may also want to watch:
“Participants were encouraged to try all the many varied instruments, including the popular drums.
“In addition to teaching us various beats and rhythms on the instruments, Brenda had folks moving their bodies in various ways to the music.”
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
The workshop, which began with participants making their own instruments, was the idea of church member Maggi Lambert (no relation to Brenda), who wanted to have an event that could involve parents alongside their children.
With Brenda working with Maggi’s husband, the drumming workshop seemed ideal.
It is hoped another such afternoon will be run in the future.