Five-year-old wins Sidmouth library contest
- Credit: Archant
SCHOOLBOY Laurence Coles, five, is celebrating winning a family ticket to Pecorama after entering Devon County Council’s competition for children to write or draw their ideas for the re-vamp of Sidmouth Library.
The contest was part of a consultation about the new-look library, which attracted over 300 responses in total.
Comments and suggestions, along with the children’s competition entries, are now being looked at by the interior designers who will work with the community’s responses to come up with final plans that reflect public opinion.
Once the new detailed designs are ready they will be displayed in the library, and on the council’s website.
Work is likely to start after the library’s busier summer months.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the project visit www.devon.gov.uk/sidmouthlibraryproject.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 3 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 8 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary