Five-year-old wins Sidmouth library contest
- Credit: Archant
SCHOOLBOY Laurence Coles, five, is celebrating winning a family ticket to Pecorama after entering Devon County Council’s competition for children to write or draw their ideas for the re-vamp of Sidmouth Library.
The contest was part of a consultation about the new-look library, which attracted over 300 responses in total.
Comments and suggestions, along with the children’s competition entries, are now being looked at by the interior designers who will work with the community’s responses to come up with final plans that reflect public opinion.
Once the new detailed designs are ready they will be displayed in the library, and on the council’s website.
Work is likely to start after the library’s busier summer months.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the project visit www.devon.gov.uk/sidmouthlibraryproject.
- 1 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 3 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 The act of giving makes a big difference
- 6 Young surfer raising hundreds of pounds with sponsored beach clean
- 7 New gin launch helps raise funds for Tar Barrel tradition
- 8 Let's engage with youths to help keep environment clean
- 9 Lifeboat responds to two call-outs in one night
- 10 Initial findings show town's waterways are healthy