Free craft day from Sidford WI
Sidford WI gives youngsters a chance to try cooking and Chinese brush painting skills
A special craft day to encourage younger members of the Sid Valley community will be held at Sidford Social Hall on Saturday, October 23, run by Sidford WI.
From 10am to 5pm, with an hour’s break at 1pm, members will offer free craft classes in beading, Chinese brush painting, needle felting, crochet and knitting, card making and cookery.
Treasurer Margaret Newman said: “The idea is that in the morning they will make soup and bread and eat it for lunch, then in the afternoon make Hallowe’en cookies and cakes, with sugar craft decorations on the cakes.”
Everything is provided for those who attend, including ingredients, and the sessions so far have proved popular for adults, with 25 attending a similar event last week.
You may also want to watch:
“We are starting to encourage children over six to come with an adult and we have sent letters to the schools,” said Margaret, who would like to hear by tomorrow (Friday) from anyone wanting to attend. Call (01395) 514548.
The WI has received a lottery grant so members can brush up on their craft skills at Denman College next month, then pass their knowledge on to the wider community.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 5 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 6 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
The next craft session will be on December 4, offering, among other things, edible gifts for Christmas.