Free craft day from Sidford WI
Sidford WI gives youngsters a chance to try cooking and Chinese brush painting skills
A special craft day to encourage younger members of the Sid Valley community will be held at Sidford Social Hall on Saturday, October 23, run by Sidford WI.
From 10am to 5pm, with an hour’s break at 1pm, members will offer free craft classes in beading, Chinese brush painting, needle felting, crochet and knitting, card making and cookery.
Treasurer Margaret Newman said: “The idea is that in the morning they will make soup and bread and eat it for lunch, then in the afternoon make Hallowe’en cookies and cakes, with sugar craft decorations on the cakes.”
Everything is provided for those who attend, including ingredients, and the sessions so far have proved popular for adults, with 25 attending a similar event last week.
You may also want to watch:
“We are starting to encourage children over six to come with an adult and we have sent letters to the schools,” said Margaret, who would like to hear by tomorrow (Friday) from anyone wanting to attend. Call (01395) 514548.
The WI has received a lottery grant so members can brush up on their craft skills at Denman College next month, then pass their knowledge on to the wider community.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
The next craft session will be on December 4, offering, among other things, edible gifts for Christmas.