Free early learning places at Sidford Playgroup
Sidford Playgroup has a few free places for over threes
A FEW free early learning places to children over three are being offered by Sidford Pre-School Playgroup.
An independent early years provider, which follows the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), the playgroup is held in Sidford Social Hall each weekday morning, during term time, from 9.30am-12.30pm.
Caroline Vansittart, who runs the centre, said: “We are a warm and friendly pre-school, which is currently able to offer a couple of free remaining places to children during our weekday morning sessions.
“Children must be over three-years old to obtain the funding, which can be split between more than one establishment.”
You may also want to watch:
They can attend the pre-school on any day of the week, providing it has places.
Caroline said: “Children benefit hugely from learning through play and the activities we have on offer, including painting, play-doh, cut and stick, role plays and because we are based in the village hall opposite the Byes, we are able to go on nature walks and into the playing field for sport. It’s a great educational place for children to be.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
“Being part of the community is hugely important to us too and we are building links with primary schools in the area, have educational trips to The Donkey Sanctuary, local police and fire stations, whilst the library van is able visit us which the children love.”
She said children were allocated a key worker on joining so the playgroup can work closely with parents, meet children’s individual needs and keep parents up to date with progress.
Children who are not eligible for funding can also attend the pre-school from the age of two until they go to school. Sessions are �10.50.
For further information call Caroline on 07966 953096.