Free early learning places at Sidford Playgroup
Sidford Playgroup has a few free places for over threes
A FEW free early learning places to children over three are being offered by Sidford Pre-School Playgroup.
An independent early years provider, which follows the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), the playgroup is held in Sidford Social Hall each weekday morning, during term time, from 9.30am-12.30pm.
Caroline Vansittart, who runs the centre, said: “We are a warm and friendly pre-school, which is currently able to offer a couple of free remaining places to children during our weekday morning sessions.
“Children must be over three-years old to obtain the funding, which can be split between more than one establishment.”
You may also want to watch:
They can attend the pre-school on any day of the week, providing it has places.
Caroline said: “Children benefit hugely from learning through play and the activities we have on offer, including painting, play-doh, cut and stick, role plays and because we are based in the village hall opposite the Byes, we are able to go on nature walks and into the playing field for sport. It’s a great educational place for children to be.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
“Being part of the community is hugely important to us too and we are building links with primary schools in the area, have educational trips to The Donkey Sanctuary, local police and fire stations, whilst the library van is able visit us which the children love.”
She said children were allocated a key worker on joining so the playgroup can work closely with parents, meet children’s individual needs and keep parents up to date with progress.
Children who are not eligible for funding can also attend the pre-school from the age of two until they go to school. Sessions are �10.50.
For further information call Caroline on 07966 953096.