Group about baby talk
SIDMOUTH Children’s Centre is launching a group for parents with babies under six months old.
Called Here’s Looking at You Baby, the sessions will run on Thursday mornings from January 6 at Sidmouth Health Centre, Blackmore Drive.
The group, of no more than eight parents and their little ones, is designed to help parents find out what their baby is trying to tell them with their smiles, wriggles and sounds.
Children’s centre support workers will cover topics including understanding your baby’s emotions; developing conversation with your baby and developmental baby massage. Video will be used to illustrate the way a baby communicates.
The group has been developed from long term research into infant behaviour. The aim is to help parents understand what their baby is trying to say before they can use words to communicate it.
You may also want to watch:
Pre-booking is essential. For more information call (01395) 577452 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses