Group about baby talk
SIDMOUTH Children’s Centre is launching a group for parents with babies under six months old.
Called Here’s Looking at You Baby, the sessions will run on Thursday mornings from January 6 at Sidmouth Health Centre, Blackmore Drive.
The group, of no more than eight parents and their little ones, is designed to help parents find out what their baby is trying to tell them with their smiles, wriggles and sounds.
Children’s centre support workers will cover topics including understanding your baby’s emotions; developing conversation with your baby and developmental baby massage. Video will be used to illustrate the way a baby communicates.
The group has been developed from long term research into infant behaviour. The aim is to help parents understand what their baby is trying to say before they can use words to communicate it.
You may also want to watch:
Pre-booking is essential. For more information call (01395) 577452 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 7 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair