Group about baby talk
SIDMOUTH Children’s Centre is launching a group for parents with babies under six months old.
Called Here’s Looking at You Baby, the sessions will run on Thursday mornings from January 6 at Sidmouth Health Centre, Blackmore Drive.
The group, of no more than eight parents and their little ones, is designed to help parents find out what their baby is trying to tell them with their smiles, wriggles and sounds.
Children’s centre support workers will cover topics including understanding your baby’s emotions; developing conversation with your baby and developmental baby massage. Video will be used to illustrate the way a baby communicates.
The group has been developed from long term research into infant behaviour. The aim is to help parents understand what their baby is trying to say before they can use words to communicate it.
You may also want to watch:
Pre-booking is essential. For more information call (01395) 577452 or email email@example.com.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead