Kids get on their bikes for pre-school cash
- Credit: Archant
The children at a Sidmouth pre-school did laps on their favourite set of wheels to raise money for a new garden room.
More than a dozen youngsters got on trikes, bikes and scooters last Saturday in an event to get families together and exercise.
Kerin Hamill, manager at Appletree Pre-school, said they are hoping to raise £2,000 for an outdoor timber room, and the sponsored wheels was one of a number to help them reach their target.
She said they wanted to get the children involved in the fundraising so they feel they have ownership of the new building when it arrives, and expects to make nearly £200 from Saturday’s ride.
Kerin said one boy cycled 52 laps of the playground on his bike, adding: “In the end we had to call them to a stop otherwise some of them would have been happy to go on all day!
You may also want to watch:
“They did really well and had such fun.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC