Kids get on their bikes for pre-school cash
- Credit: Archant
The children at a Sidmouth pre-school did laps on their favourite set of wheels to raise money for a new garden room.
More than a dozen youngsters got on trikes, bikes and scooters last Saturday in an event to get families together and exercise.
Kerin Hamill, manager at Appletree Pre-school, said they are hoping to raise £2,000 for an outdoor timber room, and the sponsored wheels was one of a number to help them reach their target.
She said they wanted to get the children involved in the fundraising so they feel they have ownership of the new building when it arrives, and expects to make nearly £200 from Saturday’s ride.
Kerin said one boy cycled 52 laps of the playground on his bike, adding: “In the end we had to call them to a stop otherwise some of them would have been happy to go on all day!
You may also want to watch:
“They did really well and had such fun.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 4 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 5 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 10 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers