Kids get on their bikes for pre-school cash
- Credit: Archant
The children at a Sidmouth pre-school did laps on their favourite set of wheels to raise money for a new garden room.
More than a dozen youngsters got on trikes, bikes and scooters last Saturday in an event to get families together and exercise.
Kerin Hamill, manager at Appletree Pre-school, said they are hoping to raise £2,000 for an outdoor timber room, and the sponsored wheels was one of a number to help them reach their target.
She said they wanted to get the children involved in the fundraising so they feel they have ownership of the new building when it arrives, and expects to make nearly £200 from Saturday’s ride.
Kerin said one boy cycled 52 laps of the playground on his bike, adding: “In the end we had to call them to a stop otherwise some of them would have been happy to go on all day!
You may also want to watch:
“They did really well and had such fun.”
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 3 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 4 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 5 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 6 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 7 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 8 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed